Volunteering helps everyone!
Benefits for Students
- Students gain exposure to a wide range of life experiences which adds to a positive learning environment.
- Students receive more individual attention, support and encouragement. This helps them to overcome obstacles, increase motivation and develop self-confidence.
- Students benefit from expanded services in libraries, labs, lunch rooms and other non-classroom activities.
Benefits for Teachers
- Teachers can delegate tasks for the provision of extra help and support for designated groups or individuals.
- Teachers can expand programs to meet the changing needs of their students.
- New experiences, interests and skills are brought to the classroom by the volunteers.
Benefits for Volunteers
- Volunteers derive satisfaction from making an important contribution to the school community.
- Volunteers receive recognition, affection and respect of students and staff for their contribution.
- University and college volunteers apply classroom experience towards career choices and post-graduate studies.
- Volunteers develop new skills, new opportunities for networking and new friendships.
Benefits for the School
- The presence of the school in the community is enhanced when volunteers become advocates for the children and the staff.
- Positive partnerships between school and community are effective public relations tools.